Friday, April 22, 2016

Vanilla Bean Cardamon Mango Jam




Ben seems to be picking these mangoes faster than I can deal with them. He is so good at checking the boxes for ripe ones and then spends some time peeling and cutting them up for me. One big mixing bowl full will make about 12 cups of pureed mango. He makes quick work of the box to produce a bowl full. I throw it into the fridge and make plans for the morning while Lucia is sleeping. Then I get to choose my new concoction. Yesterday it was Vanilla Bean Cardamon Mango Jam. Oh, so good. I scraped the vanilla bean seeds into the jam and then chopped up the pod into inch size pieces. Each jar got a piece. That will give it a stronger vanilla flavor over time as it sits in the pantry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...