We needed a little treat for our Easter celebration this year. I saw homemade peanut butter cups on a blog I love to read and thought it sounded just right. There are many recipes out there for them. I checked out a few low-carb recipes and came up with this recipe based on what I had in the house. They are super yummy. The peanut butter mixture is a bit soft, but I didn't want to add anything else that might be more carbs.
Peanut Butter Cups
1 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup almond flour
3 tablespoons erythritol*
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Beat all together
- Add a spoonful to a small paper cup, smooth out with wet spoon or fingertips.
- Put tray in freezer while you prepare the chocolate.
3-4 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons erythritol*
- Chop up chocolate.
- Melt in small pan on low.
- Add cream while melting and whisk, adding enough to make a smooth mixture. (It will also help the chocolate from being too hard when refrigerated.)
- Add erythritol and whisk.
- Add spoonful of chocolate mixture to each cup. Smooth out with wet spoon or fingertips.
- Sprinkle with sea salt.
- Put tray in refrigerator. Eat!
*I like to keep treats low sugar/carb, so erythritol is a great option with no aftertaste. You can substitute sugar in exact measurements if you'd like.