Monday, February 1, 2016

Backyard Boa





So we were getting ready to go to a birthday party yesterday afternoon and I hear Ben talking with Pieter in the backyard. I heard "boa" and immediately knew something was happening. By the time I get out there, Ben has already shown Pieter the rather large, invasive boa constrictor that is hanging out on the compost pile down at the bottom of the hill in our backyard. So, Juliana and I then went down with Ben and boy-oh-boy... this mama is not happy about the situation. I knew they were around and had the potential to be in the yard, but we hadn't seen any evidence of them other than the occasional roadkill. We had to head off to the party, so we didn't call the city for removal and now I keep wondering where it is and when it is going to find Coco the Rooster. When I used to hear Coco crow I'd think "oh, how did we get a rooster for a pet, especially at 4am!!" Now when I hear him crow I think, "Great, he is still alive." Needless to say, Ben has to take the compost out now until I see this snake leaving in a cage.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Oh, ignorance is bliss in that case. I sure wish they weren't.

      Delete
  2. Little Julian say "cool"! How long was it?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...