Friday, January 23, 2015

The Best of the West


{piles of sea salt at the refuge}


{Pieter and Ben kayaking}


Photo by Mary Walker

Photo by Mary Walker








Photo by Mary Walker








Photo by Mary Walker

Photo by Mary Walker
Going to Cabo Rojo to see the lighthouse and to play at Playa Sucia has to be one of my favorite things to do here in Western Puerto Rico. This time we saw porpoises from the cliffs, my first sea mammal spotting. Mary, Ben, and Juliana headed out in the kayaks to see the Brown Boobies a little closer while Pieter and I swam and played in the sand. Then Ben and I had a nice paddle while the kids stayed on the beach with Mary - how wonderful to have another person along to give us some time out on the water! The beauty of the water, wildlife and views of this place will never cease to amaze me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...