Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Castillo San Felipe del Morro



















We walked along the cliffs from Castillo de San Cristóbal towards our next fort, Castillo San Felipe del Morro. We didn't make it down to the cemetery, knowing that we wouldn't make it through the day with everything else to see. Next time. I just love that. Living here is almost like living in Alexandria, VA. We could pop over to the Mall and walk through a museum for an hour and not stress on seeing everything. There was always next weekend. Here I know another visitor will come and want to tour Old San Juan. How fortunate I am. 

Watching the kites fly in the air made Pieter's day. I think we'll definitely have to bring our kite on our next visit. And then the guns and cannons! We were there on a Sunday and this enactment was done by volunteers, so I would guess that doesn't happen during the week. I really enjoyed seeing the lighthouse. I've decided on a goal of seeing every single lighthouse of Puerto Rico. Three beautiful ones so far. 

1 comment:

  1. On our honeymoon we made a side quest of seeing ("collecting") all the lighthouses. I think we only missed Culebra and one defunct one that was supposedly down a long trail that we walked for about 2 hours.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...