Thursday, January 22, 2015

A Walk at the Station



{Monkey Pot Tree, Lecythis pisonis}

{Custard Apple, Annona reticulata}
{Brazilian Rose (double), Cochlospermum vitifolium}

{Lemon Drop Mangosteen, Garcinia intermedia}

Yesterday we spent the afternoon at the Tropical Research Agriculture Station in Mayaguez. Mary thoroughly enjoyed seeing all the tropical plants. Every time we go I see something new. And each time I am so pleased with how well the signage is - I am never left guessing. I was so curious about the Custard Apple, with it's beautifully patterned skin. And hey, it is edible! And the Lemon-Drop mangosteens - they look pretty cool. Wiki says that you can grow a tree in a pot and have it fruit in two years. I'm going to have to give it a try. I think this might make the perfect tropical jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...