Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Faro Los Morrillos de Cabo Rojo







{barrel cactus}




{taking the trolley to the lighthouse}

{Faro Los Morrillos de Cabo Rojo}









Ben took Mark and the kids down to Cabo Rojo to explore the salt flats (Cabo Rojo National Wildlife Refuge) and the lighthouse (Faro Los Morrillos) Sunday morning. I stayed home and had a blissfully quiet morning. When we visited the salt flats this summer, it was very busy with everyone on summer vacation, so we never made it to the lighthouse. What a beautiful place! The kids told me that I should have gone, but I bet I'll have another opportunity coming up with more visitors escaping the cold north.  We've spent all of our beach days in Rincon and Aguada. Now that winter is here, along with bigger waves in the Atlantic, it is definitely time to start visiting the Caribbean beaches in Cabo Rojo. 

2 comments:

  1. What lovely photos. I'm in upstate NY with a bit of a rain and snow mix outside right now so your pictures are making me long for a bit of sun and sea. Just beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely are having the benefit of no winter blues here with all the sun. But, I do miss snow for Christmas!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...