Sunday, November 2, 2014

Pumpkin Donuts

I must finally be acclimatizing to our "cool" mornings here (usually 79 degrees inside) because I finally foamed my milk this morning for my latte. Since I moved to Puerto Rico I've cooled down the espresso with cold milk instead. I recently bought a donut pan to bake donuts and have been really enjoying some recipes from King Arthur Flour. We made Pumpkin Donuts this morning. I changed up the recipe quite a bit, so here is my modified version.

Pumpkin Cake Donuts
1/2 cup olive (or coconut) oil
3 large eggs
3/4 cup sugar
1 1/2 cups pumpkin purée
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon 
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 3/4 cups soft (pastry) whole wheat flour
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
  • Mix all ingredients except flour together until smooth.
  • Add flour and mix just until incorporated.
  • Fill donut pan 3/4 full.
  • Bake 15 minutes.
  • Optional: Coat with cinnamon/sugar mixture.

1 comment:

  1. I stay away form reading your blog then I binge on it! I love that you're enjoying tropical living, certainly different that the fall season up north. Halloween costumes look great and I am going to try the nuts and pumpkin donut recipes- thanks!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...