Wednesday, March 5, 2014

King Cake for Shrove Tuesday



Last night I was thinking about the fact that Mardi Gras would be today and that I really ought to make some thing to celebrate and bring to church for the Shrove Tuesday Pancake Supper. So I made a King Cake for the first time. I used the almond filling in the recipe and really liked it, but I do agree with some of the reviews that it was a bit dry. Next time I'll add more milk and butter. I also saw a recipe for Beignets. I remember how yummy these were on our visit to Baton Rouge for Christmas in 2010. Perhaps I'll give those a try next year. I pulled out this beautiful table cloth from my pile of linens and thought the fleur-de-lis was perfect for Mardi Gras. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...