Saturday, March 1, 2014

Child's Yoke Sweater


{Makennah}

Pattern: Seamless Yoke Sweater, Elizabeth Zimmermann
Yarn: Lorna's Laces Shepherd Bulky
Needles: US 11
My Ravelry Page

I've never blogged about this sweater because it dates back to 2008 when I made this for my niece, Makennah, on her second birthday. Juliana had it on this week, so I quickly snapped a few photos. I had originally used this yarn for a scarf and hat as one of my first knitting projects after a 9 year hiatus. I wasn't happy with how the yarn pooled in the project, so I frogged it and found the perfect pattern to use with the yarn. Makennah looked so great in the sweater and I heard that it was one of her favorites. And now, how great is it that this is one my kids hand-me-downs? I love this full circle action!

1 comment:

  1. Juliana makes a great model for your knitting, Missy! Another work of art on a beautiful child.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...