Peanut Chicken & Eggplant
1 tablespoon ground cumin
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken (breasts, thighs or tenders)
1 large eggplant, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
4 tablespoons peanut oil (or olive oil)
1 onion, chopped
4 tomatoes, quartered
3-4 tablespoons natural peanut butter
1/2 cup chicken broth
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon salt
2-3 cloves garlic
1 jalapeno, chopped (optional)
Raw Peanuts, chopped
- Saute the eggplant in 2 tablespoons of oil. When soft, remove and save on a plate.
- Mix the cumin and cinnamon in a small bowl. Dip the chicken in it.
- Saute the chicken in 2 more tablespoons of oil. Brown well on one side, flip over and then add the onion to cook around the chicken.
- While the chicken is sauteing, put tomatoes, peanut butter, broth, lemon juice, salt, garlic and jalapeno into a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken, turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and chopped peanuts.