Tuesday, February 25, 2014

A Sweater for Springtime







Pattern: Springtime in Hollis, Teresa Cole
YarnCascade 220, Cascade Yarns
Needles: US 6, 7, 8
Size: 4T

My knitting is back! After the Jumper sitting on my needles for months, I quickly cast on this beautiful pattern that I spied early this month on Alicia Paulson's blog and Soulemama's blog. I thought it would be the perfect sweater for Juliana to wear over a dress for church. Instead of using aran weight yarn, I used worsted weight for a lighter sweater (and because I have skeins and skeins of this white Cascade 220). To account for the yarn change, I went up a size to 4. It came out just about right. The length is perfect and while it is a bit wide, the i-cord tie takes care of that. I imagine this will fit Juliana through sizes 2 and 3. 

1 comment:

  1. beautiful, Missy! the girl and the sweater!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...