Sunday, February 9, 2014

A Snowy Saturday








It snowed lightly all day on Saturday. Late in the morning Ben took the kids over to Bear Butte to see the bison. I stayed home and enjoyed the quiet house. These little outings on Saturday with Papa really recharge me. While I miss out on the hike or exploration, I sure do enjoy the uninterrupted time at home. I'd been thinking about the St. Lucia Buns that are traditionally made on the Winter Solstice and decided that a snowy Saturday was the perfect time to try out the recipe. It is a sweet bread that is very similar to Challah or Pulla. I can't imagine making any bread with all white flour, so I adjusted this recipe to using half pastry whole wheat flour and added 1/4 cup extra milk. It was a big hit with everyone and will surely be made at the next Solstice. The saffron in the dough made the bread beautiful.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...