Sunday, March 24, 2013

A weekend at Custer


Ben came home a few weeks back and told me that he had a work meeting down at the Game Lodge in Custer State Park over a weekend. There was no hesitation in my statement that the kids and I were coming, too! We left Friday morning for the park and had a wonderful welcome from some Bighorn Sheep, Ovis canadensis, right outside our hotel in the park. I was a bit bummed that the ground was bare, thinking that there might be more snow than we had at home since the elevation there is about 2,000 feet higher. Just after we arrived the first flakes started falling and I was thrilled, then, that I had packed all our snow gear. We ventured out after a couple of hours and had lots of fun in the snow.




{Pieter loves to catch snowflakes}




{The Game Warden's house - I could handle living here!}

1 comment:

  1. Wow, that looks like a lot of fun - as long as you're dressed right.
    The kids have off this week so we talked about camping, then I looked at the weather, in the 30s every day this week! Hard to believe that, I don't remember the last time it was that cold this late in the season, hmm, maybe my pears will do ok this year, and the bugs won't be quite so ferocious.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...