Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Chocolate Digestives



There is one British food that I just love - McVitie's Chocolate Digestive. These wheat biscuits covered in milk chocolate or dark chocolate are amazing, plain and simple. I really like the whole grain texture to them and the chocolate on top just completes it. The crazy thing is that I made the above dessert and hadn't even thought about these digestives until I started eating. But, now I think I have scored the better digestive.

The oatcakes were quick and easy to make. My only change was to use 50% whole wheat flour. I think I might reduce the sugar a bit next time. I made the chocolate hazelnut spread (aka nutella) a few weeks ago and it is amazing. It came out a bit grainer than nutella, but is still so yummy. And this little dessert got even better with some strawberry jam.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...