Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Lillian


PatternLillian
Needles: US 4 & 6

In November I won a beautiful skein of yarn from Ginny Sheller's blog Small Things. I knew right away that this would be the perfect yarn for Juliana's birthday sweater. I looked at several patterns and decided on Lillian. It ended up being the perfect pairing. I used all but a yard of the yarn and created a sweater that should fit Juliana for another year or so. The design increases the sweater size by adding more lace repeats to lengthen the sweater. I did 8 lace repeats on the sleeves and 13 on the body. As Juliana grows, the sleeves will become 3/4s in length and the body will be just right. The yarn was wonderful to work with - it was not splitty and the color variation was perfect. Thank you, Jackie!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...