Sunday, October 21, 2012

Tea Time


As the weather turns chilly we are turning inside more often. It is now that I enjoy having tea time with my little family at the table on the weekend. A little treat, a little tea. My friend Lois sent me a wonderful cookbook last Christmas, Whole Grain Breads by Machine or Hand by Beatrice Ojakangas. I am starting to peruse it and get some recipes tested. Today I made Pulla, Finnish Cardamom Coffee Braid. This is a wonderful twist on Challah, having the flavor of cardamom. I think this is a nice addition to Whole Grain Baking on my bookshelf. We really enjoyed the mid-afternoon snack, especially as we are trying to recover from our second cold of the season.

{egg wash, silvered almonds and crystalized sugar}

{ready just 20 minutes later!}

2 comments:

  1. Gosh, does that look good!!! absolutely picture perfect, Missy. : ) And I can smell it from here. Nisu is what we Finnish Yoopers call it. Likely nisu is a Finnish-American name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, Nisu is really yummy! I am now wanting to try all these recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...