Sunday, September 30, 2012

Roasting Peppers

We've been so busy around here with all the local produce coming in. I visit my favorite farm stand in town and pick up their "seconds" which are priced just right. I never know what I'll find when I stop by, but I keep my fingers crossed that there will be a cheap bag of something good. This time is was peppers - miniature sweet red peppers, sweet banana peppers and jalapenos. Ben roasted them and then we put them into paper bags to trap the steam. Peeling was easy on the big peppers, but not the jalapenos. Those ended up soaking in a jar of vinegar for a future hot sauce. My plan for the other peppers was to jar them up with minced garlic and olive oil, but they ended up in my favorite recipe a couple of times over the past week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...