Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Pumpkins, pumpkins and pumpkins

I seem to have collected a few pumpkins. Every time we drive by the farm stand, Pieter and I think about those pumpkins and we keep bringing them home. I keep thinking about last winter and how quickly we ran out of the frozen pumpkin I had stored up. So, I am not holding back this year!
Here is part of my frozen stash of pumpkin puree. These five jars are from one big pie pumpkin that I cooked over the weekend. Pretty easy method - cut pumpkin in half, scoop out seeds, put face down on an oiled sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 1 1/2 hours. After it is completely cooled, I puree it in my food processor and jar it up. I usually leave a few cups out to bake with or in this case make dinner with. Tonight I recalled a nice recipe in my Everyday Food cookbook, Enchiladas with pumpkin sauce. It was a hit with the locals! And I did have to add a bunch of veggies that also needed to be used up, like bright red peppers, eggplant and onions.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...