Monday, October 22, 2012

Country Currant Rye Bread

{country currant rye bread}

Another good bread from Whole Grain Breads by Machine or Hand (Beatrice Ojakangas). But, after trying a few of these recipes, I do have a couple complaints. The recipes only use volume measurements, and after using a scale for so long, I really like weight measurements for baking. My other problem is many of these recipes have very little whole grain, relying on bread flour to be the bulk of the flour. I think a little tweaking will be required to up the whole grain content. This recipe was 50% rye flour and 50% bread flour, which is better than some of the recipes I've found. Now, compliments? I love that Ojakangas lists three different sizes for each recipe - a sampler loaf, regular loaf and large loaf. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...