Wednesday, May 9, 2012

In my kitchen

{hot cross buns, again!}
{cultured butter}
{a gift of morels}
{lemon roast chicken}

Things have been busy in the kitchen lately. We will be out of town for a bit of the summer, so we've been catching up on our milk share, giving me an extra gallon a week to use in cheese, butter and yogurt. This week I finally made my first batch of cultured butter and who would have known it was so easy to do? I used two quarts of raw cream from the farm and got a pound and a half of butter and quart of buttermilk. 

On Monday, I caught up on my sister-in-law's blog and saw hot cross buns. Before I knew it we had some rising in the oven. Nothing like the power of suggestion. 

But best of all, a delightful gift of morels from our friend Mark. What is happening in your kitchen?

6 comments:

  1. Wow, how delicious. We are ten days away from summer vacation and I am thinking of some fun things to do, I might have to add this to my list.
    We haven't been doing much in our kitchen lately since we've had some sickness going around. Really too bad because our fridge is stocked. We went to the farmer's market on Saturday and bought two flats of strawberries. I ended up just freezing most of them because we weren't feeling too well by that afternoon. Oh well, we'll enjoy them in smoothies. Happy cooking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pieter is really loving strawberries - I can't wait to go picking!

      Delete
  2. Missy, I have to thank you for those photos. They look so delicious. I am drooling but haven't gained a single pound despite enjoying them so much. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am now hungry, thanks for the pictures. My kitchen right now is... well it's feeding us, nothing fancy, old faithfuls: swiss cheese chicken, homemade pizza, peanut butter and jelly, bananas like crazy- we're all in a monkey mood I guess I buy them every other day, maybe I should get a tree :) I so enjoy your blog, can't wait to one day explore that part of our country!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We'd love to have you visit sometime! It is a beautiful place. Sometimes I wonder if I need to be more proactive to see more. But, babies need lots of help and sometimes it is so much easier to survive the day at home.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...