Monday, September 19, 2011

Where the beavers live

Yesterday we hiked in the hills along a beautiful stream that had been dammed up by beavers. They are such clever animals, using everything they can to stop that water. We were amazed to not just see wood and mud being used, but rocks and reeds as well. 
Pieter saw some cool things - 
mushrooms
rosehips
ducks (an absolute favorite!)
And, throwing rocks with Papa doesn't get any better!
I am starting to collect ingredients to make root beer on our hikes. I found a great recipe on Nourished Kitchen. But, oh my, that is a lot of stuff to find! On this hike I picked juniper berries. I think that I had better write down a list and bring it next time, because I keep forgetting what I need to hunt for. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...