Pattern: made up as I went
Last fall I started this quilt for Pieter for his birthday, along with a birthday garland. It sat for quite sometime while I pondered what to do with it. Finally this summer I had some child-free time (thanks Oma!) to work on it and decided to quilt around all the objects in the panel by machine. It came out so nice. And then it sat waiting for the binding. Well, I finally did it today (using this great tutorial) and have a finished product, now with a new recipient, the baby girl coming in December. The result is very satisfactory and now I can start a new sewing project!