Monday, August 29, 2011

Easy Children's Socks


Pattern: Easy Children's Socks by Diane Soucy
Yarn: Mountain Colors Bearfoot, Brick
Needles: US 3

These socks are for P to match his Pixie Hat for this coming winter. Definitely the fastest socks I've ever knit - could be the small size! I really like Knitting Pure and Simple patterns by Soucy. She makes them very simple and easy to follow. But, since I've knit plenty of socks before, I modified the pattern quite a bit to have a nicer finish and to use fingering weight, rather than worsted weight yarn.

Modifications:
-Knit on circular needles
-Cast on 38 (2 extra sts for larger leg) for the medium size using German Cast On
-Changed the heel to s1, k1
-Grafted the toe with the kitchener stitch

I also made a another pair of Super Easy Toddler Mittens, this time with an I-Cord connecting the mittens - no more lost mittens!!! All of this beautiful yarn is now used up. Here is the completed Pixie Collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...