Monday, April 11, 2011

Dutch Baby

Mav put up a wonderful recipe for a dutch baby or oven pancake. I just saw it this morning and decided that it would be breakfast. It was really good. So good that I'd like to make another one for dessert right now. Yum. The first photo is immediately upon removing from the oven. It quickly deflated and I splashed on some fresh squeezed lemon juice and dusted it with powdered sugar. I made a few changes to the recipe. See below.
Dutch Baby
Ingredients
1 egg
1/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup half unbleached and half whole wheat flour
vanilla
lemon juice
powdered sugar

Instructions:  Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Put several tablespoons of butter in skillet and pop in oven to melt. Multiply ingredients for additional servings (the skillet above is 4x). Whisk until thick and creamy. Pour batter in skillet and bake for 30 minutes. Do not open the oven while baking. Remove and top with fresh, squeezed lemon juice and powdered sugar. Serve with fresh fruit, jam or maple syrup.

Speaking of Dutch Babies, here is mine doing a little baking himself!

5 comments:

  1. Oh I love those!! So very yummy. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to say! Don't bake your Dutch baby! He's too cute! (And Pappa is too big and useful to bake!)

    Also, mmmmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I love the jr. kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saw them make a Dutch Baby on Cooks Country. Thanks for the reminder that I need to make one sometime. Is P's kitchen homemade or did you buy it somewhere? Either way, it's too adorable, and I want one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The kitchen is made in Michigan by Camden Rose. It is made with ash wood, from all the ash trees that have died from the Emerald Ash Borer. I got it from Palumba (http://www.palumba.com/product/431/).

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...