Monday, March 7, 2011

Pimp My Longies



Pattern: Pimp My Longies, Jenny NZ
Yarn: Cascade 220 Heathers, Celery
Needles: US 5 & 6

P is a cloth diaper boy, but for some reason I put off knitting longies. I realized that winter was starting to slip away (by the calendar, not by what is outside) and that I had better knit up some longies for the rest of the season. I've heard many people rave about using these as covers for cloth diapers, so I am interested to see how well they work.  I soaked them in lanolin (Northern Essence Wool Wash) to increase the waterproofing properties of the wool.

This is a great pattern and very easy project.  I only made a few modifications:
  • Waist band: 8 rows knit, one row purl, 8 rows knit
  • Four short rows (instead of 3) for cloth diaper room
  • Shorter insteam (25cm)
  • Smaller needle for garter stitch cuff
The 18 month size is plenty big and probably didn't need an additional short row. Ravelry Link

3 comments:

  1. Those look pretty nice and warm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an adorable little fella. If you get to Michigan let us know. shalom, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. And the curse of the green yarn is officially broken! He looks more adorable in that color than I ever would have.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...