Tuesday, March 1, 2011

The internet and the cook


Finding recipes online has opened up a new world to the home cook. I love being able to access such diverse recipes. When you have a strange mixture of food in the fridge, all you have to do is google the group of foods, like apple, leek and squash and you get some really great recipes. This gratin was dinner tonight. I made it the first time last fall when we were still harvesting apples from our trees in the back yard. I remembered it this afternoon and knew it was worth a second go around. And best yet, I still have apples in the freezer.

I'm not that good at bookmarking recipes when I make them and often have to go on the hunt for them again or just plain forget about them. To help me with this, I've created a page on my blog with recipes that are worth cooking again. I've just thrown up a few links and will add lots more in the coming days as I remember all my favorites. This will be a work in progress, as I cook for my family. I hope that you find some winners for yourself.

1 comment:

  1. Blogs are fabulous for many reasons, keeping track of recipes and projects as well as creating a scrapbook. I will have to try out some of your recipes and let you know what we all think! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...