Sunday, February 20, 2011

Cobblestone




Pattern: Cobblestone, Jared Flood
Yarn: Handspun Llama, Argentina
Needles: US 6 & 7

Finally a sweater for Papa. Ben found this yarn while plant collecting in Argentina in 2007. It has been marinating in my stash, waiting for the perfect project, and found it in Cobblestone. Ben likes his shirts nice and roomy, so I did the large size. It is a bit big on him, especially since llama tends to stretch and not keeps it shape as well as wool. Now that I have pictures of it, I might be brave and do a gentle wash cycle with it to "full" the sweater, but not quite felt it. That might give it just the right shrink. My only modifications from the pattern was to knit the bottom band in a size smaller needle. The pattern was a joy to work with - seamless and simple. I was hoping for enough to do Pebble for Pieter with the leftover skeins, but I'm not sure it will be enough. But, I do have another six skeins in natural! Perhaps a sweater for Mama?

4 comments:

  1. Looks great! Moose loves his cobblestone. Now what will you knit for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great sweater. Grandma would be very pleased ;>.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sure has been a long time coming! The professor looks great out there shoveling. What a fella.

    You could do a soak and then spin dry (if you haven't already) and see how that goes first. Like a trial run...

    Pebble might look great in 2 colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, after washing it twice AND drying it in the dryer, I achieved no shrinking if you can believe it. Only some fulling and lots of shedding. Now I need to give it a shave...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...