Saturday, December 11, 2010

Toasty Topper

The Toasty Topper is complete! The name for this hat is spot on. Knit in worsted weight wool (Cascade Quattro) with two strands held together, it is a substantial hat.  The idea of the pattern is to combine a hat and scarf into one item. Knowing how Pieter pulls off his hat all the time, I decided to shorten the scarf, overlap, and secure it with buttons. The buttons were a great find - I just received a tin of old buttons from my mom this week and have started putting them to use.  For those knitters that are interested, see my ravelry project page for modifications.  Pieter was a great sport for the photo shoot this morning - it was 15 degrees F out!


2 comments:

  1. Awesome! Looks super warm. I bet Papa and Son would look adorable in matching hats. Hope his head is easier to fit than my sweetie's!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't done the photo shoot yet, but Papa does have this hat that matches in yarn: http://www.ravelry.com/projects/missyvanee/a-hat-fit-for-a-boyfriend.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...