Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A look back at Kew


While the snow comes down outside, I am looking through a pile of photo CDs that I found yesterday. In the summer of 2002 my friend Chris and I took a trip to England. We fell in love with the Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew.  Here are a few pictures to warm up with.
The Temperate House is the largest surviving Victorian glasshouse in the world. But I think my favorite is the magnificent Palm House.
Inside the Palm House you might find one of these plants, a tree fern.
And a few other beautiful plants.
Over in another house, The Princess of Wales Conservatory, the Giant Waterlily, Victorian amazonica, from the Amazon can be found. 
Oh, for another trip to England!



1 comment:

  1. The textures in these plants are REALLY exciting! I want to grab them all and make inprints in my clay with them! Neat!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...